Use of Force
Send A Waiting List Request
This event is currently full and we are not allowing for any more registrations at this time. We do apologize for this, but would like to offer you to be added to our Waiting List. Fill out the following form, then if someone cancels their registration, you will be notified and given the opportunity to become an official registrant.
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $85
This 8 hour course has 10 offerings. The course objectives are:
• Student will show proficiency with baton and OC spray, and be able to articulate when it is reasonable to use those tools, in accordance with the 3 prong test in Graham v. Connor, the key Supreme Court case that guides policy, procedure and behavior.
• Students will be able to effectively transition to an appropriate tool or tactic as the need for force scales up or down. This simulation based course will focus on first responder impartiality by making decisions based on articulable factors and reasonable use of force, rather than fear or a general sense of perceived danger.
• The ability to draw, manipulate and accurately fire (A-zone hits) upon a threat with the non-dominate hand will be developed through a series of dry-fire and live-fire drills.
• Students will be able to apply tourniquet under a simulated stressful event. Students will go through a progressively more difficult course of fire, involving accurate fire, moving to a position of cover, and applying tourniquet in time frames consistent with research on the loss of consciousness due to arterial bleed.
• Students will train weapon retention and in-fight weapons access in simulated lethal force scenarios, through a series of increasingly difficult experiential learning drills.
Students will need to bring duty belt, ballistic vests, 100 rounds of training ammo, and training drones for any weapons you wish to train with.
This course has been certified by the ILETSB and approved to meet the following mandates:
☐ Civil Rights
☐ Constitutional & Proper Use of Law Enforcement Authority
☐ Cultural Competency
☐ Procedural Justice
☐ Human Rights
☐ Law Updates
☐ Lead Homicide Investigator
☒ Use of Force (must include scenario based/similar training)
THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC MEETING