Welcome to the Northern Illinois Training Advisory Board
Vision Statement: Based on current and future needs of Member Agencies we assess developing trends and problems in Law Enforcement and build appropriate training responses while providing low cost solutions for quality Law Enforcement Training and meaningful education for the future of Law Enforcement. We provide superior training to Law Enforcement personnel to keep them current on changing practices and standards of professionalism.
Mission Statement: Dedicated to providing quality training to all Law Enforcement professionals.
NEWS FROM ILETSB:
Effective March 1, 2018, ILETSB will be accepting electronically submitted Narcotic Detection Canine Certification Report Forms (Initial and Annual) and Lead Homicide Investigator Recertification Form as the primary method of submission. This new protocol will reduce staff time, allow for records to be shared by the entire organization, and most importantly, ensure retention of permanent records. The process for receiving, retaining, and responding to those electronic applications are as follows:
- Law Enforcement Agency locates Narcotic Detection Canine Certification Report Forms (Initial and Annual) on the ILETSB website under the “Resources” tab on the splash page, selecting “Forms & Information” from the drop down box, and scrolling to the “General Forms” section of the page, until they find “Narcotic Detection Canine Training Report Form (Annual)” or “Narcotic Detection Canine Training Report Form (Initial)”.
- Law Enforcement Agency locates Lead Homicide Investigator Recertification Form on the ILETSB website under the “Resources” tab on the splash page, selecting “Forms & Information” from the drop down box, and scrolling to the “Lead Homicide Investigator” section of the page, until they find “LHI Recertification Form”.
- Submit the form and any scanned supporting documentation via email to PTB.Applications@illinois.gov.
- If any supporting material is lacking, or additional clarification is required, those questions will be directed via email to the email address from which the original form was submitted. This will ensure ILETSB will have a permanent record of a single communication string.
- Recertification letters will be provided electronically to the email address provided by the form submitter.
Rockford Park District Police is now hiring! We are looking for 15
certified part‐time police officers. The position pays $18 per hour.
All interested applicants MUST hold a current Law Enforcement
Certification by the State of Illinois. Recently retired officers are
welcome to apply.
The Northern Illinois Training Advisory Board is now located at 527 Colman Center Drive, Rockford, IL 61108 in the Rockford Mutual Insurance building. Students and instructors should follow the NITAB parking signs directing them to the back of the building where the employee lot is located. Access the building through the doors marked "NITAB ENTRANCE" located adjacent to the parking lot.
In order to assist our building’s landlord adhere to their security practices/procedures, any student attending class at our current location must have visible law enforcement/correctional officer identification in order to be allowed entrance into the building via the NITAB entrance. This identification can be in the form of Department I.D. or Department badge. This I.D. will show the person allowing building access that you are authorized to enter the building for training purposes without going through the process of signing in as a guest.
Officer Jaimie Cox, Rockford Police Department
End of watch: November 5, 2017
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Officer Cox,
the Rockford Police Department and the entire law enforcement community.
The Northern Illinois Training Advisory Board entered into a subscription to the “Law Enforcement Officer Training Case of the Month”, provided by Illinois Prosecutor Services, LLC, Attorney Don Hays. Each month we will post a new “Training Case of the Month”, along with a few questions pertaining to that case, and the correct answers to those questions. You must log into the Member Agency section in order to view the content.